    I'm trying to mount a salvaged drive in an external case that I bought
    and put on the shelf eons ago - only to now discover that the mounting
    screws are missing.

    Mike S., Apr 5, 2013

  2. Mike S.

    mike Guest

    Don't know the brand, but I have some double-sticky tape that's almost
    impossible to remove.

    Steal screws from a dead laptop? Virtually any repair shop
    should have a bundle of dead laptops.

    Trying to buy two screws at retail is likely to be an exercise
    in futility.

    mike, Apr 5, 2013

  3. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    Thanks for the ideas. The double-sticky tape seems like a great one.

    There are eBay dealers offering bags of assorted "laptop screws" for
    various prices, but it's a crap shoot and (even if I knew what to ask for)
    it's doubtful they would care to verify, given the low price and profit
    margin on a bag of parts.

    Mike S., Apr 5, 2013
  4. Lol, how many do you want? I've got pounds of the things. Send
    me a postal address :)

    the wharf rat, Apr 7, 2013