    asking if there is a license key on the
    CD.

    Thanks in advance,

    Guest, Oct 11, 2004

  2. Guest

    Tom Scales Guest

    One is fine. It still won't ask for a license key on either machine.

    Tom Scales, Oct 11, 2004

  3. Guest

    Phred Guest

    Tom, I take it from your response that there is no problem
    slipstreaming Dell's XP Pro with SP2? [XP Pro as supplied with the
    4600 series in mid year.]

    I ask because I saw a discussion of slipstreaming somewhere recently
    and they said there can be problems doing it with some OEM versions of
    XP. They mentioned Dell as an example; but it was a bit ambiguous as
    to whether Dell was just an example of an OEM, or an example of the
    problem!

    Cheers, Phred.

    Phred, Oct 12, 2004
  4. Guest

    WSZsr Guest

    Yes, you can. Some of the newer Dell XP CDs require the deletion of a few
    files before you wed SP2 with XP.

    WSZsr, Oct 12, 2004
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Phred writes:

    Phred> Tom, I take it from your response that there is no problem
    Phred> slipstreaming Dell's XP Pro with SP2? [XP Pro as supplied with the
    Phred> 4600 series in mid year.]

    Phred> I ask because I saw a discussion of slipstreaming somewhere recently
    Phred> and they said there can be problems doing it with some OEM versions of
    Phred> XP. They mentioned Dell as an example; but it was a bit ambiguous as
    Phred> to whether Dell was just an example of an OEM, or an example of the
    Phred> problem!

    I did it with SP1 and last night with SP2.

    I did a system restore from full backup when
    my hard drive failed with the slipstreamed SP1.

    I booted with the new SP2 disk last night.

    Roxio did need to change the name of the OEM directory
    before burning, but that does not seem to be an issue.

    Guest, Oct 12, 2004
  6. Guest

    Guy Guest

    I tried slipstreaming using a Win XP Home Dell CD. The application (nlite)
    gave me an error message - something about hotfixes or patches already
    installed. It still wrote an ISO file, but I do not know whether it is any
    good!

    Guy

    Guy, Oct 13, 2004
  7. Guest

    Guy Guest

    Ok - the message reads: " This service pack cannot be integrated into a
    destination that also has integrated software updates. Consult the service
    pack documentation for more details about supported integration scenarios."
    Then error - there was something wrong with the slipstraemaing.

    Any idea how to get around this? Just learned about this slipstreaming
    process!

    Guy

    Guy, Oct 13, 2004
  8. Guest

    WSZsr Guest

    After you copy the XP CD to your hard drive, delete the folder that has the
    updates. Then slipstream it.

    WSZsr, Oct 13, 2004
  9. Guest

    Phred Guest

    Did the error look like the one mentioned towards the top of:
    Cheers, Phred.

    Phred, Oct 13, 2004
  10. Guest

    WSZsr Guest

    Follow these instructions:

    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=sw_svcpacks&message.id=283

    WSZsr, Oct 13, 2004
  11. Guest

    WSZsr Guest

    try this first. Delete the svcpack.ini file and svcpack folder in the i386
    folder of the winxp cd you copied to your hd.

    WSZsr, Oct 13, 2004
  12. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guy writes:

    Guy> Ok - the message reads: " This service pack cannot be integrated into a
    Guy> destination that also has integrated software updates. Consult the service
    Guy> pack documentation for more details about supported integration scenarios."
    Guy> Then error - there was something wrong with the slipstraemaing.

    Guy> Any idea how to get around this? Just learned about this slipstreaming
    Guy> process!

    I copied the original XP-CD onto my c drive as the site
    to integrate SP2 into.

    Guest, Oct 13, 2004
  13. Guest

    Guy Guest

    That's the error - the site says this type of CD can't be slipstreamed.
    Another post here says to delete the SVCPACK folder and ini file.

    Guy

    Guy, Oct 13, 2004
  14. Guest

    Guy Guest

    Deleted svcpack.ini and svcpack folder as suggested - worked fine.

    Thanks everyone!

    Guy

    Guy, Oct 13, 2004
  15. Guest

    Guess Who Guest

    No, it is not good. I did the same, and when I went through the trouble of
    reinstalling from scratch, it was still SP1.

    Guess Who, Oct 15, 2004
  16. Guest

    WSZsr Guest

    If you follow the instructions, it will work.

    WSZsr, Oct 15, 2004
  17. Guest

    Guy Guest

    I did the slipstreaming, was able to burn a bootable CD. It boots, starts
    write down. So back to the drawing board for now.

    Guy

    Guy, Oct 16, 2004