    Has anyone done, or seen a real world shootout between these two??
    I've seen several 'tests' but let's face it - unless it's apples to
    apples, it's a waste of time.

    Judge, Nov 23, 2003

  2. Judge

    LBJGH Guest

    The SLK900a is the best you can get... comparable with mid-range water
    cooling.

    LBJGH, Nov 23, 2003

  3. James Paraskeva, Nov 23, 2003
  4. Judge

    LBJGH Guest

    I find the fan control is just a gimmick on the Volcano 12. The design is a thermalright ripoff too.

    I personally use a SLK800a with a 36cfm Sunon fan (30db) on an overclocked 1700+ @ 2500mhz @ 1.85v

    The maximum temps I see are 55c.

    I even bought a Swiftech mcx462-v with a 48cfm 92mm fan to compare with my SLK800a. Both of these heatsink gave equal performance.

    http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cooling/Tt_Volcano12/pg_4.html

    LBJGH, Nov 23, 2003