    not all that much difference in real word speed.
    With the P3 you just slide it in the slot and your good to go. With the 1.4
    Celeron I was using a Powerleap adapter.

    PRIVATE1964, Jul 1, 2004

  2. PRIVATE1964

    Dan Guest

    I had a question about which chip is compatible with a Slot T adapter on a
    BH6 motherboards. I have version 1.01. I want to buy the Slot T really
    soon but I want to put a Pentium III chip 370 pin PPGA cpu on it but I'm not
    sure it would work. All the articles I've read on newsgroups or just on the
    website indicate that the Celeron Tualatin is the best Chip for a Slot T or
    even a Slocket upgrade. I've always like the Pentium III chip. I know some
    of the PIII chips have 512 cache size and others have 256 cache size. Has
    anyone experimented with any thing other than a Celeron Tualatin CPU? I know
    Intel made PIII with 133mhz FSB on the Cpu. Will any of those work with the
    Slot T adapter and the BH6? I'm confused. Please help.

    Dan

    Dan, Jul 1, 2004

  3. PRIVATE1964

    Sasqui Guest

    Ditto - the 133 fsb on the BH6 is not really do-able because of the AGP and
    PCI speeds go way beyond spec with the max 1/3 divider on the BH6.
    Depending on the video card, you'll be lucky to get above 117. That makes
    the Celly very attractive. I've been through no less than five of them on
    different boards/systems: BX6, three Dells and an ST6-Raid. The ST6 was
    the absolute best (i815 chipset with 1/4 divider), and I was able to pump it
    up to 130, after finding a select Celly 1.3 that was happy at that speed.
    The next best Celly 1.3 I had would only do 124, all the rest hovered around
    117. I still have the 130 chip sitting in a box - I retired the ST6.

    Sasqui, Jul 2, 2004