Slow Boot When Trying To Install OS

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Nate Fuchs, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Nate Fuchs

    Nate Fuchs Guest

    I recently purchased the K7N2G-ILSR with the following:

    - AMD Athlon XP 2700+
    - 2 Sticks of PC 3200 512MB
    - 2 Seagate SATA 120 GB Drives
    - 30 GB WD IDE Drive (Boot Drive) On Primary IDE
    - HP DVD Writer 200 On Secondary IDE

    It takes quite a while to run the system diagnostics, but it finds the
    WD and HP IDE drives. It will then start the boot off of my DVD drive
    and start the Windows XP Pro install. It will then say 'Setup up is
    determining your system settings' and then the screen goes black. I
    have let it sit at this point for a couple of minutes.

    I have the FSB on the CPU set to 166 and the DRAM set at 333. I have
    the SATA array striped with both drives in array 0.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Nate

    Nate Fuchs, Jun 25, 2003