SM bus controller and PCI Memory driver problems

Discussion in 'Abit' started by ntqback, Jan 18, 2005.

  1. ntqback

    ntqback Guest

    I have an NF7-S ver2 motherboard, I just reinstalled WinXP pro. In
    device manager the SM bus controller and the PCI Memory components under
    "System Device" in Device Manager are not installed correctly.

    Everything till now does not work, When I try to reinstall the drivers
    I get an error

    "Hardware Update Wizard"

    Cannot install this hardware,

    There was a problem installing this Hardware"
    SM BUS CONTROLLER

    An error occured during the installation of the device.

    The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary
    entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later.
    Contact your hardware vender.

    I get the same error for the PCI Memory componet

    I have tried installing the drivers from the motherboard CD and also
    from Nvidia's latest Nforce 2 driver

    Still does not work, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA????????

    ntqback, Jan 18, 2005