Small Claims Cout to the rescue in getting HP to honor warranty

Discussion in 'HP' started by vince mustik, Nov 10, 2007.

1. vince mustik

vince mustik

The internet contains many complaints about Hewlett-Packard’s (HP) failure to deliver promised warranty service. My unfortunate experience with HP included the following: (1) My HP/Compaq laptop failed a few months after purchase; (2) Countless hours on the phone with tech support were a waste of time; (3) Three returns of the laptop to HP factory repair stations did not fix the problem: (4) After the third “repair,” HP claimed that the 1 year warranty period was over and thus HP was no longer liable to fix the machine (despite the fact that the original problem months before had never been fixed); (5) Letters to the President, Chairman of the Board, and Executive Customer Relations were never answered.

Finally I decided to file claim against HP in the Small Claims Court of my local town. The cost of the filing was $40, including the cost of serving notice to HP. Once HP received notice of the hearing date, they contacted me and agreed to repay my full purchase price of the laptop plus the $40 filing fee. A few weeks later I received the promised check and the matter was closed.

vince mustik, Nov 10, 2007
  2. vince mustik

trith

HP knew they were wrong

you could have taken them to court. hp would have to defend against the judgement in the future.

trith, Dec 31, 2007
Ask a Question