Small Page to Tiny Page (MMU)

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by karthikbg, Jan 12, 2007.

  1. karthikbg

    karthikbg Guest

    Hi,

    I am using a pagetable base addr of 0x20026C0. I have configured for
    using Small Pages (that is bits[1:0] = 0b10 ) . But, I find that since
    the 4K page size is quite big. So, i am thinking to change the pagesize
    to 1K (Tiny Page Concept - bits[1:0]=0b11 ) and use the memory space
    efficiently.

    But, my application uses 4K till now.

    So, what are things that i need to consider(Takecare) if i change the
    4K page size to 1K (Small page Modeil to Tiny Page Model) ?

    What are the stuffs that will get effected because of changing the
    Small Page concept to Tiny Page ? ( I am using Arm9 Core Processor).

    Kindly share your ideas / suggestions.

    Thx in advans,
    Karthik Balaguru

    karthikbg, Jan 12, 2007

  2. karthikbg

    karthikbg Guest

    Hi,
    Got some info :
    http://groups.google.co.in/group/comp.sys.arm/browse_thread/thread/e2a2e31ae8d7e1bf?hl=en
    What do you think ? Any other ideas/suggestions ?

    Thx in advans,
    Karthik Balaguru

    karthikbg, Jan 13, 2007