    Your ideas?

    Thanks,
    -Jeff

    Jeff Harris, Jan 13, 2004

  2. Jeff Harris

    Skip Guest

    Unfortuately, this response won't probably help you practically, but my HP
    Jornada 720 handheld (Windows CE) with a PC-Card VGA adapter probably meets
    the criteria. Obsolete and no longer available (at least I don't think so),
    but years ago I was showing Powerpoint slides using a setup which fit into
    the palm of one hand.

    You couldn't develop PowerPoint with this setup, but you could "draw" on the
    projected image with the palmtop's stylus. You could also produce an
    outline in (PocketPC) Word and turn it into a (very simple) PowerPoint
    presentation. It even would project in a display up to 1024x768 resolution.
    It would allow you to read speaker notes while projecting
    just-the-slide-image.

    Anybody know of anything -- obsolete or not -- which is smaller?

    - Skip

    Skip, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Jeff Harris

    JCBlueEyes Guest

    It all depends on how involved your PowerPoint presentations will be. Older
    machines will be slower and have slower graphics. This will affect dissolves
    and any other effects you may use. Also if you do any sort of timed
    presentations synced to music then if you develop it on a decent desktop and
    then try to play it on an older laptop machine that is much less powerful, your
    timings will be off and out of sync with the sound.

    JCB

    JCBlueEyes, Jan 13, 2004
  4. Jeff Harris

    Mon Guest

    I use my Sony Vaio PCG-Z600RE regularly for presentations. It has a 12.1"
    screen. But I don't think the size of my screen affects how it displays on a
    projected display. last week I came across a wide-screen display and it
    worked fine. Perfectly clear. You can get Vaio's with 10" screens too. But
    the smaller you go, the more it costs usually (though that small vaio isn't
    more expensive than mine, now I think about it).
    MON

    Mon, Jan 13, 2004
  5. Hi Jeff,

    A couple of months ago, I set up a client with a Palm Tungsten|C and a iGo interface for connection to a LCD projector. It works
    great for PowerPoint presentations. The whole package including the projector is in a bag that measure 8" x 13" x 2.5". She also
    carries a USB mouse to navigate through the PowerPoint presentation. We went with the Tungsten|C because she has some large
    presentations. If you worked with smaller presentations, you could probably go with a less expensive Palm.

    Ciao . . .
    C.Joseph

    ++ Let know man judge me until . . .
    he has walked the road I have . . .
    in the shoes I've worn. ++

    http://kalek1.home.mindspring.com

    C.Joseph Drayton, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Jeff Harris

    og Guest

    I love old toshiba portege laptops. have used all the 3000 family and
    3100. right now I have the 3480, has a monitor port, but not serial.
    You can get the port replicator and have all the port. This laptop is
    about 3lbs. PIII 600MHZ, runs XP pro well. Hope this helps.

    og, Jan 15, 2004
  7. Jeff Harris

    * * Chas Guest

    Most of the smaller laptops use some kind of external port
    replicator for VGA/Serial/LPT connectors.

    For PP presentations most of the time I use my IBM T20 with
    a 14" screen.

    I have an old Sony Viao 505G with a 10.5" screen, Pentium
    200 processor and 96MB of memory. It works OK for PP
    presentations but it's a little slow on screen repaints and
    requires an external port replicator which is 1" x 2" x 8".

    You can probably find a lot of Sony 505 series laptops on
    Ebay but Sonys are notoriously flaky - mostly software and
    driver problems.

    I would look for an IBM X Series ( X20 to X31 ) with a 12.5"
    screen or a small Toshiba laptop. You'll get the most
    service with the least problems from one of these brands.
    --
    Chas. (Drop spamski to E-mail
    me)

    message