Smartcard read causes error: K7V Dragon+/Win98SE

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Stefan Kraus, Oct 29, 2003.

  1. Stefan Kraus

    Stefan Kraus Guest

    Hi out there,
    actually I'm trying to transfer my phone book from one GSM Simcard to
    another.
    But the "ITE Smart Sim Editor" won't read the Simcard. It brings no
    error message, it just hangs for a time(no reaction from the programm)
    an keeps the phone list empty when i try to read the phone book.
    The driver is installed correct I think.
    SimEdit! 4.0 from http://www.compelson.com/ gives me the following
    error message:
    "Communication error:
    General error during smartcard reader operation"
    In the Setup it found the SCR by itself.
    Has anybody an idea where the real failure could be?!
    If no card is inserted the "Card not inserted"-error message shows up.
    In the Mainboard Manual there is a missprint, Pin1 and Pin2 of the
    SCR-connector are printed the otherway round, but it is impossible to
    use these wrong printings...

    Are there any tools which could help me find the the failure?
    I'm not keen in working with smartcards or simcards.

    Stefan
    Kraus
    P.S. Wer auf Deutsch antworten will darf das, blockiert aber damit evtl.
    andere Diskussionsteilnehmer!

    Stefan Kraus, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Stefan Kraus

    Woobie Guest

    Try these two programs. Install them. They are script managers for windows.
    The files are ste50en and sct10en . They can both be downloaded from
    microsoft or other sites. Try them. It can't hurt.
    Joe

    Woobie, Nov 11, 2003