SMB Error -43 Copying Files From Windows XP

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Mike, Aug 29, 2004.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hi,

    I'm having a problem with a network connection to a Windows XP PC from my
    iBook, running OS X 10.2.8.

    I can successfully connect to the PC from Finder | Go | Connect To Server.
    Having mounted a share from my PC I can navigate through the directory
    system without problems, and Preview opens up things like TXT or JPG files
    from the PC happily. However, if I try to copy a file from the PC to my
    iBook it fails with the message:

    "The operation cannot be completed because one or more required items cannot
    be found. (Error code -43)."

    Does anyone have any ideas as what the problem is? Let me know if you need
    more info.

    Thanks.

    Mike, Aug 29, 2004