SN41G2 graphics problems!

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by mkn, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. mkn

    mkn Guest

    Hi,

    I've just bought a SN41G2 with 512MB/PC2700 (333MHz) and a AMD
    XP2600+, etc.

    My first problem came with the memory I got in the package. The
    TwinMOS wasn't very popular in the Shuttle case. The symptoms were
    corrupt graphics, freezes and then a reboot.

    Now I've got a Kingston 512MB/PC2700 CAS2.5, that works a lot better.
    It hasn't rebooted on me spontaniously even once.

    It has worked fine, until I started watching video. I use the same old
    BSPlayer that has always worked flawless for me, with the ordinary
    bunch of codecs.

    When I'm playing an AVI windowed, it works fine. But when I run
    fullscreen, I get these broken horizontal lines in various colours!

    I use the on board graphic adapter, haven't been able to try any other
    graphics card.

    Somebody told me that I should get Corsair DDRs instead, but can that
    really be part of the problem? Why should you use Corsair RAM instead
    at all? I don't understand.

    Of course I use the latest drivers and I've flashed the BIOS with the
    latest release.

    Does anybody recognize this strange behaviour?

    What should I do next?

    Thanks in advance

    Mkn.

    mkn, Aug 18, 2003

  2. mkn

    Arto V Guest

    I had that same problem with my system. The avi files had those lines. I
    changed the memory to Corsair and it works great. I did even try with one of
    my old pc2100 memory and with that those lines did go away.
    If you want u can try other memory brand. I didnt want to see the trouble so
    i did go staight to corsair.

    OR, if u are planing to buy graphics card for u agp slot, then u propably
    dont have this problem. Problem ocures only with IGP and lots of difrent
    memorybrands.

    Arto V, Aug 19, 2003

  3. mkn

    foolish501 Guest

    the sn41g2 is very piccy when it comes to memory, i have viking pc2700
    in my box, and i did spend around a week using the onboard video, and
    had no problem with it, i had some corsair value ram, and the computer
    would lock up at 166fsb.

    foolish501, Aug 19, 2003
  4. mkn

    j_news Guest

    Just had exactly the same problems here - and it all comes down to the
    motherboard and memory! It's basically cos the CPU & GPU are sharing the
    memory, so there are two solutions, buy Corsair RAM or a graphics card.

    I resented being told to buy Corsair RAM (double the price of what I bought
    initially), so have opted for a nice new graphics card which was less than
    the extra for the RAM.

    Not what I'd intended, but at least it goes now!

    j_news, Aug 20, 2003