SN41G2 must hit reset to post

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by JShad, Sep 21, 2003.

  1. JShad

    JShad Guest

    Hello there, does this sound familiar to anyone? And is there a cure?
    A newly built SN41G2 which seems to only post in two unique ways. I
    can get it to post by turning on the power and then hitting the reset
    or I can get it to post by unplugging it, plugging it back in and then
    it will post by only hitting the power button. It would be great to be
    able to just hit the power button and have it post.

    AMD 1900XP
    512MB Corsair PC2100 266DDR
    Samsung Combo Drive DVD/CDRW
    Floppy
    US Robotics internal PCI Modem
    Onboard Graphics and Sound
    Belkin wireless mouse/keyboard
    200W PSU

    I've tried clearing the CMOS and startup without modem, but no joy
    there.
    The other seemingly strange thing is without altering the FSB to
    133mhz in the BIOS, it recognizes the proccessor as a 100FSB 1200mhz
    Athlon. I thought this board was jumperless and would make it's own
    settings. Anyway the 133mhz setting holds and then it recognizes the
    1900mhz and the 266mhz DDR.

    Any thoughts on posting problem and how to solve it would be
    appreciated.
    By the way... it's an all black SN41G2 and it looks realy great and
    other than the posting it runs beautifully.
    Thanks for the read
    JShad

    JShad, Sep 21, 2003