    Anyone have any ideas on this? I noticed there are two additional jumper
    setting slots unmarked on this drive.

    Simon

    ChronicFatigue, Sep 17, 2003

  2. ChronicFatigue

    Cichlidiot Guest

    Are you sure the IDE cable is good? I had issues with my SN41G2
    recognizing the DVD drive. Turned out the rounded cable that came with the
    Shuttle was bad. As soon as I replaced it with a different cable,
    everything worked fine.

    Cichlidiot, Sep 18, 2003

  3. Changed cable and now it works. Thanks for the post.

    Are you a fishman Cichlidiot?

    ChronicFatigue, Sep 18, 2003
  4. ChronicFatigue

    Cichlidiot Guest

    Figured it was the cable. I remember hearing others had problems with the
    cables that come with the system. Perhaps something to do with the
    rounding or those way too small "slots" they direct you to thread the
    cable through in the manual.

    And I'm an aquaristic (aka fish keeper), primarily of the type of fish
    called "cichlids". Hence the pseudonym. Oh yeah, and not a man, heh.

    Cichlidiot, Sep 19, 2003