SN45Gv2 Noise

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by Pete J, Mar 18, 2005.

  1. Pete J

    Pete J Guest

    Hi,
    I've got an SN45Gv2 recently and I can't help but notice it's seemingly
    very noisy. I've been reading on various forums and ordered a new
    Noiseblocker S4 fan for the ICE unit, as apparently the standard fan
    supplied is el-cheapo and very noisy indeed..

    However, I've got an WD800BB (Western Dig 7200rpm, 80gig) HD fitted and I
    can't help but think a great deal of the noise seems to eminate from this
    drive. I've started the PC up without the HD power connected and it
    certainly seems to lose some of the whiny noise I find so irratating. Before
    getting my SN45G the drive was fitted in an Antec Lanboy and the noise was
    bearly noticable.

    Does anyone have any idea whether it'd be worth me swapping this HD for
    another? Is it likely to reduce the noise much further?

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    Pete J, Mar 18, 2005