    Wblane Guest

    If anyone still comes here, does anyone know what the maximum hard drive size
    is on a FIC VA503+?

    Wblane, Jul 29, 2004

  2. Wblane

    Robert Guest

    With the latest bios, 137 GB for WinXP and 128 GB for Win98. You might be
    able to find a bios upgrade that would give you 48 bit LBA support, that
    would make it 2.2 TB for WinXP (and Win98 with this patch
    http://members.aol.com/rloew1/Programs/Patch137.htm).

    Robert, Jul 29, 2004

  3. Wblane

    Den Guest

    "Wblane"
    Some of us also visit via our PA-2013 as well as
    the VA-503+ which is still going well.

    Den

    Den, Jul 29, 2004
  4. Wblane

    Wblane Guest

    Thanks Robert. Is FIC out of business? I thought they made an Nforce2 board at
    some point, but maybe I'm mistaken. I remember this newsgroup used to be
    basically the VA503+ newsgroup.

    I'm planning on using my 503+ w/a K62-350 as a cheap, quiet multimedia box (DVD
    player, MP3 player). I've heard the most important element of a DVD playing box
    is the vid-card so hopefully I can still play DVD's w/the k62-350.

    Wblane, Jul 31, 2004
  5. Hey, Bill.

    Well, I can tell you firsthand that a Geforce4 MX 420 AGP card works great for
    playing DVD's on a VA-503A with a K6-3 350, running PowerDVD XP (version 4).

    --Alex

    Alex Zorrilla, Aug 2, 2004