    The 6800 still can't be the top-of-the-line Nvidia offering right? I'm
    thinking of waiting 'til the nex-gen consoles come out and then looking at
    buying a new video card for my aging rig.

    Doug, Jun 16, 2005

  2. Doug

    Kokoro Guest

    In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Doug ordered an army of hamsters
    to type:

    22nd of June is the NDA date. Aparently quite a few online retailers have
    cards already.

    Kokoro, Jun 16, 2005

  3. Doug

    John Lewis Guest

    WHICH ONES ??? Please list the URLs of the order pages.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jun 16, 2005
  4. Doug

    dawg Guest

    SLI is the top. Imagine two 6800 ultra's running HL2 at 1600x1200,4xFSAA.
    Got $1000 and a 650W PS?

    dawg, Jun 16, 2005
  5. Doug

    Ryan P. Guest

    I've got the PSU, but not $1,000 to spend for a game. ;)

    Ryan P., Jun 17, 2005
  6. Doug

    Cuzman Guest

    John Lewis wrote:

    " WHICH ONES ??? Please list the URLs of the order pages. "

    I'm not sure that anyone is taking advance orders, but this states that
    *some* retailers will have them on 22nd June.
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=23976 Going on previous form, I
    expect that half-a-dozen people will get lucky before they are *sold
    out* for the next two months.

    Cuzman, Jun 17, 2005
  7. Doug

    Doug Guest

    Actually, I'm stuck with AGP for a while so SLI isn't an issue for me. I
    upgraded my rig two years ago [Mobile Athlon @ 2.592 Ghz, 1GB PC3200, 9800
    Pro]) and it's still capable of running Doom3, HL2 and Far Cry so I'm not
    buying into PCI express or 64-bit computing just yet.

    --
    there is no .sig

    Doug, Jun 17, 2005
  8. Doug

    dawg Guest

    dawg, Jun 17, 2005
  9. Doug

    Conor Guest

    <aol>
    Me too.
    </aol>

    Whilst I can still manage 50FPS @ 1280x1024 (I use a LCD) then I can't
    see the point, especially as Win64 is still struggling on the
    driver/software front. Only change I might make is to go from IDE to a
    Western Digital Raptor SATA drive.

    Conor, Jun 17, 2005
  10. Doug

    John Lewis Guest

    ..... theinquirer.........

    ROTFLMAO....
    yes, a few lucky ones at nVidia's intro-party...maybe....
    They are never "sold out". What you are seeing are the shady dealers
    that take advance orders. Go to Newegg... who never take any
    advance orders. Not in stock...too bad...but at least you are not left
    hanging out to dry....

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jun 17, 2005
  11. Doug

    Dragoncarer Guest

    Which hopefully the mainstream releases of the 7800 range should do...yay! I
    think...

    Dragoncarer, Jun 18, 2005
  12. Doug

    First of One Guest

    HL2 is not all that demanding. A single X800XT can do this.

    First of One, Jun 19, 2005