    GNU/Linux kernel. I try ggogling with these Keywords unfortunately
    nothing interresting has been found ...

    Best regards, Habib.

    Habib Bouaziz-Viallet, Oct 13, 2013

  2. This look like something they made 50 years ago:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_card

    Perhaps in another 50 years, someone will be able to integrate those transformers into SoC. But we are not there yet.

    edward.ming.lee, Oct 14, 2013

  3. Sorry, those are relays, not transformers. So, it might be doable with SSR.. But i am sure there is an isolation transformer somewhere. You can always build the SoC yourself, not ARM, MIPS or PPC, but BellMac32. With approximately 200,000 transistors, it's a piece of cake with FPGA.

    BellMac32 is 32bits with 8 registers R0 to R7, FP, SP and PC. It's one of the first C machine. This would be an interesting project.

    edward.ming.lee, Oct 14, 2013
  4. Le 14/10/2013 04:57, a écrit :
    Ok it might be a funny project to integrate a TDM bus arbiter in a FPGA.
    This is in fact the switch core of a PBX system. I was wondering if a
    versatile solution exists to control data's over the TDM bus and
    interface it to a low speed bus (SPI, SSC, etc.)

    I might be interrested if a SoC could already integrate such a thing but
    obviously this is not a focused area of our silicon manufacturers ...
    not at the moment.

    Habib.

    Habib Bouaziz-Viallet, Oct 14, 2013
  5. Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

    upsidedown Guest

    So you want some kind of QUICC coprocessor functionality (found on
    68380 and some PowerPCs) on a SoC ?

    upsidedown, Oct 14, 2013
  6. Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

    Tom Gardner Guest

    Tom Gardner, Oct 14, 2013
  7. POTS TDM are mainly used by one mother company over decades. The baby companies have not done much work in this area. So, most equipments, includingline interface cards are likely found in their computer designs. The software is probably WE32000/BellMac32 assembly running on 3B2/5/15/20.

    However, you can't just buy a WE/BM OTS, if you need to run any of their software. Fortunately, you can implement a BellMac32A with the cheapest Spartan 6 X4 (around $10).
    You don't have to. A complete kit, including FPGA, 64M SDRAM, ethernet, etc. is available for $89.

    http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/AES-S6MB-LX9.htm

    Ir should be able to run UNIX, or whatever OS they are using now.

    edward.ming.lee, Oct 14, 2013
  8. Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

    dp Guest

    Freescale have some powerful power architecture devices in production
    which have so called "PSC" (Programmable Serial Controller" units
    built in.
    I use the MPC5200B, also the MPC5125 and the MPC5121 have PSC-s.
    Be careful during selection, not all PSC-s on a device (at least
    on the 5200B) have all capabilities, you have to go into considerable
    detail to understand which can do what. E.g. at the 5200B you have 6
    PCS-s, but two of them can do only UART; 3 of them can do pretty much
    everything, codec, ac-97, uart, you name it - and the 4-th comes
    close, too.

    Dimiter

    dp, Oct 14, 2013
  9. Le 14/10/2013 09:55, a écrit :
    Yes i find something interresting with Freescale PowerQuicc processors
    (e.g MPC8315). These chips have a TDM embedded on it, i will read deeper
    the ref manual.

    Thanks.

    Habib Bouaziz-Viallet, Oct 14, 2013
  10. You can always do it with relays. A simple micro or FPGA driven relay arrays should work fine. POTS works on relays for many decades.

    edward.ming.lee, Oct 14, 2013
  11. Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

    upsidedown Guest

    Look for the TSA (Time Slot assigner/assignor).

    upsidedown, Oct 14, 2013
  12. Dimiter,

    Thank you for the topic. I see you know Freescale MPC series very well.

    Habib.

    Habib Bouaziz-Viallet, Oct 15, 2013
  13. Hey !

    Strange that obviously very few people knows what are the main
    fonctional components of a voice/data core switch (like in a PBX). Time
    Solt Assigner is one of those.
    I'm beeing implement a TSAC in FPGA.

    Thanks, Habib.

    Habib Bouaziz-Viallet, Oct 15, 2013