Socket 478 to Socket 775 adapter?

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Neil Barras, Apr 18, 2005.

  1. Neil Barras

    Neil Barras Guest

    Hi all,

    The P4 on my desktop is a Skt.478. With Intel now not producing the 478
    anymore, if I wanted to upgrade the chip to a higher speed such that there
    was not any 478's produced at that speed, I am looking at buying a new MoBo
    which is a definate no at the moment with my system just having a new board
    in it (ASUS P4S800). Does anyone know if there is a Socket 478 to Socket
    775 adapter available? I have checked powerleap.com, and they only have a
    Socket 423 to Socket 478 and no higher.

    Thanks,

    Neil

    --