    Socket A mainboard?

    First guess is this would be like trying to breed a turtle with an
    elephant, but ehhh.. what the hell, the question is free =)

    bad_knee, May 28, 2004

  2. bad_knee

    Dublevay Guest

    Your first guess is correct. You have absolutely no chance!! Worth asking
    though!

    JW

    Dublevay, May 28, 2004

  3. bad_knee

    Wes Newell Guest

    Yeah, the cheapest I've seen is called a Duron, or I've seen some
    older ones given away. Sure speeds that old K6 too.:)

    Wes Newell, May 28, 2004
  4. bad_knee

    bad_knee Guest

    thanks anyway. I guess AMD is coming out with something called a "Geode".
    From what I understand, it's low power/low heat for low end processing needs.
    Kinda what I'm looking for.. just thought I'd pass it on.

    bad_knee, Jun 4, 2004
  5. bad_knee

    Wes Newell Guest

    VIA already concentrates on this. C3 and Eden lines of cpu's.
    http://www.viatech.com/en/Products/eden_n.jsp

    Wes Newell, Jun 4, 2004