    I've tried loading an example code to flash and testing it with the
    reset. It runs from the beginning of the program after reset.

    Thanks for helping.

    wanwan, Dec 11, 2006

  2. wanwan

    Ico Guest

    You are providing much info, so here are some wild guesses...

    There's quite some difference between a hard- and a soft-reset. A soft
    reset often resets only the CPU core, leaving all memory contents and
    peripherals in their current state. If your code expects to find the
    hardware nicely reset and initialized, this might be your problem.

    You said your program "stops running". I'm quite sure it didn't stop
    running, but instead it's doing something else then you expected. It's
    important to find out exactly *what* your CPU is doing after you pressed
    the reset button. If you don't have any ICE or debugging tools around,
    switching LEDS or printing stuff to the UART is a good way of tracing
    your program flow.

    Ico, Dec 12, 2006

  3. Quite likely the IDE version of the reset code is different from the
    standalone flash version. One has to provide an IDE (debug) interface, the
    other doesn't.

    I wouldn't expect an IDE version of an app to run correctly after a hardware
    reset. I *would* expect it to resync with the IDE, though, but perhaps with
    no application code.

    Steve
    http://www.fivetrees.com

    Steve at fivetrees, Dec 12, 2006