software for 8051 devices ? IDE-Dis-Ass-Debug

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by robb, Dec 18, 2007.

  1. robb

    robb Guest

    yes, i did google and i got a gaggle of garbage a few good links
    and somw great stuff with dead or deadend links.

    a product called **UMPS** came up alot and i saw a screen for it
    then all the references eventually go back to
    www.vmdesign.com which appears to just be one of those crappy
    search compilation sites with even more garbage and redirects
    etc.....

    Anyone know wherer one can download the **UMPS** micro controller
    softweare suite ??

    There was a good source forge product called **MCU 8051 IDE** but
    it only runs under unix as it was built on TCL/TKL which i
    suppose a windoze implementation can be found but there is no
    mention at source forge and they are usually pretty good about
    that.

    any experiences with ** MCU 8051 IDE ** ?

    Any other recommendations for freeware/evalware low cost ware ??

    looking for a good dis-assembler that will help with
    ***readability*** like putting in labels for func type jumps,
    formatting data and and maybe create comments for magic number
    or port refernces etc...

    thanks for any help,
    robb

    robb, Dec 18, 2007

  2. robb

    Rich Webb Guest

    Get thee to http://www.8052.com
    [snip...snip...]
    All you really need is "make".

    Rich Webb, Dec 18, 2007

  3. robb

    robb Guest

    thanks for help Rich,

    this is not for new development but rather semi-reverse
    engineering for repair purposes.

    so, i think this best accomplished in a simulator with all
    memory, regs , I/O viewable and modifiable.
    i find visual representations and interfaces to internal events
    can help improve ones efficiency at digesting large quantities of
    information and help associate the numerous unknowns.

    thanks again for the help, 8052 has lots of what i was looking
    for,
    robb

    robb, Dec 19, 2007
  4. Google MIDE-15

    Joe G \(Home\), Dec 20, 2007
  5. robb

    Chris H Guest

    Best solution is the Keil C51 simulator in uVision

    Chris H, Dec 20, 2007