    increase the duration of battery in a laptop computer?

    Thanks,
    Ricky

    Riccardo, Sep 19, 2005

  2. Maybe Intel's SpeedStep utility?

    William P. N. Smith, Sep 19, 2005

  3. I don't believe that there is any. At one time, operating systems had
    an "idle loop", and by replacing this with a halt instruction, one could
    cut the power consumption and reduce the heat generation. There were
    products like "Rain" that did this. However, all Microsoft OS' since
    Windows 98SE have had that built-in and no longer benefit from this.

    Barry Watzman, Sep 20, 2005