    It has occurred to me that some of my sitcom DVDs would make good mp3
    audio tracks for the ipod. Any suggestions on how to do this would be
    appreciated. Thanks

    esb100, May 31, 2005

  2. Try Ambrosia's WireTap Pro. Records your Mac's audio output as an AIFF,
    which you can then convert to MP3 (or AAC) with iTunes.

    ----j7y

    --
    jere7my tho?rpe | "The land knows whom it sent out;
    (440) 775-1522 | In the place of human beings
    | Their ashes in urns
    http://www.livejournal.com/~jere7my | Come back to each man's house."
    --- Aeschylus, The Agamemnon

    jere7my tho?rpe, May 31, 2005

  3. I used D-Vision for this, to convert a concert DVD into something I
    could listen to on my iPod. It worked great, even giving me individual
    MP3s for each DVD chapter, so I didn't end up with one long 90-minute
    MP3. It's free from <http://www.objectifmac.com/english/actu.php>.

    Tom Harrington, May 31, 2005
  4. esb100

    esb100 Guest

    Thanks! I went to the web site. My OS is 10.2.8, so I can't use
    D-Vision version 3, which requires 10.3. 10.2.8 does support D-Vision
    version 2 - how is that?

    esb100, May 31, 2005
  5. esb100

    H.B. Elkins Guest

    Anything that does a direct rip, rather than having to play and re-record audio?

    There are PC solutions to this problem out there, but I think I'd prefer to do
    it on the Mac.

    I have some concert DVDs that would be great for the car if turned into audio
    CDs or MP3s.

    H.B. Elkins, May 31, 2005
  6. I don't know, I never tried version 2.

    Tom Harrington, May 31, 2005
  7. That's where D-Vision (mentioned in a separate message here) comes in.

    Tom Harrington, May 31, 2005
  8. esb100

    Randy Howard Guest

    Thanks for posting that, it works great. :)

    I did notice that it pops up french buttons instead of english in a
    couple places, but no big deal.

    Randy Howard, Jun 2, 2005