    marslee Guest

    Recently,my friend gave me a PIII 1.0 GHZ CPU.
    Is there any software to test whether the cpu is bad?

    marslee, Feb 2, 2005

  2. marslee

    Yousuf Khan Guest

    If it boots up, then it's good.

    Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan, Feb 2, 2005

  3. marslee

    Henry Guest

    I recently installed a Prescott 3.0 ghz that booted and ran windows just
    fine, until I stessed it. After trying several things, I RMA'd it to intel
    and received a replacement which is running flawlessly. I would go a bit
    farther than just booting it to see if it works.

    Henry

    Henry, Feb 2, 2005
  4. marslee

    Yousuf Khan Guest

    I understand that completely, but if you'll look at the original
    poster's question, it doesn't even mention if he's even tried the CPU
    out yet. It sounds like he's still got it in a box or something,
    wondering if he should accept this gift.

    Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan, Feb 2, 2005
  5. marslee

    marslee Guest

    Actually, i tested it on the motherboard, and run windows for 30
    minutes.(Just copy the files and also test it with sis sandra)
    what kind of software can stress the cpu?Is sis sandra enough for it?

    marslee, Feb 3, 2005
  6. marslee

    Yousuf Khan Guest

    Ah okay, now we have a bit more detail. I'm sure other people will
    chime in with more details, but I believe a lot of people around here
    are particularly fond of stress-testing their processors with Prime95
    and/or CPU-Burn.

    Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan, Feb 3, 2005