    settings but they are okay. Any tips or advice on how to conquer this?
    I wanna update my garageband! ;-) amongst other things. many thanks

    Sam brick

    samcfadden, May 20, 2004

  2. Can't help. All I can say is that lots of people in the UK seem to be
    having the same problem.

    Software Update caches whatever you've already downloaded, so you can
    resume.

    Hugh Chaloner, May 20, 2004

  3. samcfadden

    Király Guest

    I have had similar problems with Software Update on various occasions.
    Whatever I tried to download and install either gave me a similar
    message, or Software Update would just quit.

    I got around it by running it from the command line.

    Open Terminal and type:

    sudo softwareupdate -l
    (enter your password)

    you'll get a list of all the available updates. Then type:

    sudo softwareupdate -i <desired-update-name>

    kick back, grab a coffee and doughnut and let it do its thing. :)
    K.

    Király, May 21, 2004
  4. samcfadden

    samcfadden Guest

    Great :)

    Thanks for your help! I'll give it a try.

    Sam Brick

    samcfadden, May 22, 2004