  1. So it seems. Some things just catch on, and some don't. For a while, I
    thought I wanted a zip drive, or a Bernouli box, but now, I'm glad I didn't
    get either.

    Tom Rutherford, Apr 21, 2011

  2. If this group only had a charter we'd be able to look and see :)

    Anthony R. Gold, Apr 22, 2011

  3. MD34

    Mike Y Guest

    I'll take a photo and see. If not, I may just have to post something so
    that you guys can find me and then I can email the photos...

    Mike

    Mike Y, Apr 22, 2011
  4. MD34

    Mike Y Guest

    OK, now it's serious... I found the Intel SSD, as well as a prototype
    Kittyhawk. (The Kittyhawk was the 1.8" hard drive that was the precursor to
    the ATA drives on PCMCIA cards.)

    Mike Y, Apr 25, 2011
  5. Hey, might as well give an attempt at posting the binary. The worst that
    can happen is you'll get a nastygram from an admin somewhere. :)

    Tom Rutherford, Apr 26, 2011
  6. MD34

    josephkk Guest

    Yes there are, but they are more expensive and disappearing fast.

    ?-)

    josephkk, Dec 3, 2012
  7. MD34

    josephkk Guest

    Only use SSD for the most frequently used stuff. Booting (maybe, depends
    on how often you do that), most commonly used applications and data. Put
    all the rest of it on slower rotating media.

    josephkk, Dec 3, 2012
  8. MD34

    josephkk Guest

    I actually used loadhigh and then qemm on XTs and several later systems.
    I have tried RAMdisk on 386 and 486 systems but did not find that they
    helped much.

    josephkk, Dec 3, 2012
  9. MD34

    josephkk Guest

    There are a ton of image hosting web locations, browse and pick one.

    ?-)

    josephkk, Dec 3, 2012
  10. Yep. As long as I'm not writing much to the SSD, that would be cool.
    Geez...This whole thread is pretty old, I think. I haven't had an 800GB
    drive in my desktop for a while. It's a 2TB drive, now. Or, maybe it's
    newer than I thought, and I just had a brain phart when composing it.

    Tom Rutherford, Dec 3, 2012