    I love laptops but desktops are so much easier to work on.

    Than you,
    Yvonne

    Yvonne, Jun 26, 2004

  2. Yvonne

    kmy Guest

    Yvonne <yvonnehannaathotmail.com> wrote:
    : Hi,

    : I am going to have to replace a dead cmos battery in a friends solo 2150
    : laptop. I have searched the net with no luck for disassembly instructions. I
    : haven't got to see the laptop yet, but I would like to know what I am up
    : against. Has anyone in this forum taken apart a 2150? Is it straight forward
    : or are there 'hidden' screws and stuff?
    : I love laptops but desktops are so much easier to work on.

    : Than you,
    : Yvonne

    I think the cmos battery is under the keyboard on the 2150. The keyboard
    is held in place by tabs around the keyboard frame. You will need to use a
    jeweler's screwdriver or similar small flat instrument to gently pry the
    keyboard up. There is a gateway laptop forum at

    http://www.voy.com/56937/

    It has a lot of helpful info on the 2150.

    kmy, Jun 28, 2004

  3. Yvonne

    Yvonne Guest

    Thank You !