    Also the batteries dont charge but thats not an issue for him, I think if
    its an option he should return this and not throw good money after bad.
    THANX

    Oh Please, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Oh Please

    kmy Guest

    : Is there a good reliable source for after market Gateway parts? I am
    : working on it for a buddy as I normally don't do laptops but he's a friend
    : so I thought I'd give it a go. Gateway brushed me off pretty good, (Yes its
    : old) and no restore disc is available, but support said a clean '98 boot
    : would work as 98 should load all the drivers. Its up and running but no
    : modem and CD is mechanically screwed I've updated windows and have had it
    : on my own network. Also my cd/card works but the only boot options in bios
    : are the usual.....fd/hd/cd so I cant boot to Win 98 this way. Opinion
    : needed, was this a decent deal at 200 bux ??? I have found one drive for
    : $119 but I am hesitant to have him commit any more money on this, just not
    : sure if its worth it. Thanx for your time

    : Also the batteries dont charge but thats not an issue for him, I think if
    : its an option he should return this and not throw good money after bad.
    : THANX

    Parts are available on ebay, I built a couple of 2150s from parts off
    there. I may still have some parts laying around if interested. Also the
    battery packs are very easy to rebuild, just finding a source for the
    li-on cells is the hard part.

    kmy, Aug 18, 2004

  3. Oh Please

    Oh Please Guest

    Many thanx for the input kmy, off to ebay I go, and thanx again

    Oh Please, Aug 19, 2004