Some questions about 9000 / 9700 Pro All-in-Wonder cards

Discussion in 'ATI' started by metn41, Aug 3, 2003.

  1. metn41

    metn41 Guest

    Hi,

    I'm interested in buying either an All-in-Wonder Radeon 9000 Pro or
    9700 Pro (I don't play a lot of 3D games so it'll probably be the
    9000), but I have some questions for existing owners here of either of
    these two cards before I do:-

    1. I plan to connect it to a widescreen TV for playback of DVD's, etc.
    Can the card output the picture in proper anamorphic widescreen or is
    it just 4:3 letterboxed and zoomed in? Is a special 16:9 ratio (or
    near enough) resolution needed for this and does the card support it?
    I've downloaded the manual for the 9000 Pro, but it doesn't mention a
    thing about widescreen TV's.

    If anyone else here has done this, how did you get on and what's the
    quality like? Does anyone know of any links which describe how to set
    up a widescreen TV with a PC? Is there any way to get RGB video via
    SCART or is it just S-Video or composite?

    2. What's the quality of MPEG2 captures like in the TV app from a good
    source (eg, broadcast TV - not a VCR tape), and at what bitrates?

    3. How "editable" are the MPEG2 files from the TV app? What
    applications have you got the files to work with?

    Many thanks for any help you can provide,

    metn41.

    metn41, Aug 3, 2003