    then why does it show such bad performance without rigging the actual game?
    Something smells fishy. Anyone understand why the nvidia cards choke VS ATI
    if they are both supposed to have hardware pixelshaders etc.??

    Hugo Drax, Sep 13, 2003

  2. Hugo Drax

    ho alexandre Guest

    BTW can so tell me what is all the noise about pixel shaders ?

    ho alexandre, Sep 13, 2003

  3. Hugo Drax

    B Guest

    Most of the testing run with NVIDIA 5900 series cards do extremely well. It
    all depends on who's running the tests and what kind of tests are run. One
    magazine, PC Pro (UK edition) says the 5900 Ultra is the best at the moment,
    whereas another UK magazine (PC Plus) says the ATI 9800 is the better card.
    I think the best way is to look around at someone who has both cards and
    compare them yourself. My wife wouldn't let me have enough money for either
    card so I had to settle for an MSI 5800 (non ultra) which I managed to snag
    for 200 dollars and it runs all games very well, and when I decide to
    overclock this card it can nearly match an ultra or ATI 9800, except in
    anti-aliasing where it fails miserably.

    If you can wait a little bit longer and you have the money both ATI and
    NVIDIA are coming out with newer cards towards the end of the year which of
    course will be faster than the current crop of cards.

    The Athlon 64 comes out on or about the 23rd of September so I'm going to
    see how that processor also performs with both video cards as well.

    regards

    regards

    B, Sep 13, 2003