    ok the raidfool tompa here again...
    I tested my raid with sisoft sandra and it shows
    only 78MB/s (2x160GB seagate barracuda SATA drives)

    Tompa, Jul 26, 2004

  2. Tompa

    OCZ Guy Guest

    Burst or sustained ?? if its sustained its better than being smached
    it head with a fishy :), my drive can only do 30mbs sustanied :(

    OCZ Guy, Jul 27, 2004

  3. Tompa

    PRIVATE1964 Guest

    That really does not seem all that bad to me. If it is it's because they are
    Seagate drives I believe. A lot of other brands seem to be quicker such as
    Maxtor and Western Digital.
    I wouldn't worry about it though you probably wouldn't notice any difference in
    real world performance.

    Seagate use to make some really good drives a long time ago. I use to buy them
    all the time because they were very reliable. At some time I switched to Maxtor
    and have never had a drive fail out of maybe 3 or 4 so I stick with them.

    PRIVATE1964, Jul 27, 2004