Sony Ericsson PC Card GC79 not responding

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Anders, Jan 30, 2007.

  1. Anders

    Anders Guest

    Hi there!
    I've been seeking an answer to problems in sooooo many places I don't know
    where to turn but I thought I'll give the Newsgroup a shot at it. Here's the
    problem:

    I've got a Mettenmeier Colibri X5 TabletPC and I've also purchased a PC Card
    from Sony Ericsson GC79 GPRS/Wireless LAN. Well, the idea is to use the
    Wireless Modem (GPRS) to link to GPS service (to get corrections over Mobile
    Internet) for centimeters accuracy. First problem I got was that I couldn't
    install the Ericsson Card Manager software, it got "stuck" half way thru the
    installation process and I can't really figure out what is going on. Well, I
    can do without the "Card Manager Software" as long as I can access the modem.
    The installation of the drivers for the PC Card multifunctionality was not a
    problem, the modem shows up in the Device manager and all BUT when I try to
    run AT commands to the card XP bounce back saying it is not responding. I
    try to query the modem - same thing there! No response. Apparantly there is
    a problem with multifunction PC Card and XP but according to Microsoft it all
    should have been fixed with SP2. Does anyone have any idea how I can this
    resolved or at least tell me where to seek more info, before I have a nervous
    breakdown...

    Best regards

    Anders, Jan 30, 2007

  2. Anders

    Anders Guest

    Thanks for the reply Juan but I've already been up that tree... I even went
    that far that I talked to the developers at Sony Ericsson and they are
    "convinced" it's a Microsoft XP issue. The suggestion I got was - "...just
    use it as a modem...". So the question still remains.
    Best regards
    _______
    //Anders
    *******

    Anders, Jan 30, 2007

  3. Anders

    Anders Guest

    Forgot to add that the modem works just fine under Windows 2000 and that I've
    tried Tablet XP in two different hardware with the same problem so this is
    not caused by the hardware.
    Best regards
    _______
    //Anders