Sony PCG-FX140, PCG-FX250, and PCG-FX340 problems ...

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Vincent, Jul 9, 2004.

  1. Vincent

    Vincent Guest

    This is the first time I've posted for all three ailing laptops at
    once. I've taken the opportunity to do certain things because I have
    at least two laptops for parts swapping.

    PCG-FX140:
    No response from the AC adapter (confirmed to be functional). Powered
    from the battery, the bezel lights blink in alternation from the power
    and battery lights at once, to the "lock" lights (Caps, Num, and
    Scroll) at once. It keeps it up until I release the power button. I
    changed the LCD harness (part number's the same for both harnesses),
    but I didn't regressive test the laptop before exchanging.

    PCG-FX250(K actually, but that doesn't matter here):
    Water damage special with absoultely no response, despite changing
    power sources (AC adapter and battery) and swapping CPUs, too from the
    FX340. Supposedly water seeped into the PC card slots. I'm really
    really really hoping it's just the power supply, but I don't know how
    to swap 'em.

    PCG-FX340:
    The power lights come on, but there's no response afterwards. I tried
    reseating the CPU and using the FX250's CPU. Same response.

    I've tried with the battery in both bays, too.

    Anything else I can try, given these three laptops?

    Thanks for reading!

    Vincent, Jul 9, 2004