    http://129.33.22.8/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEB...51),TS=External,UseTemplate=response_case.tem
    but it did not help.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Gnosys, Dec 28, 2004

  2. Gnosys

    seannippert Guest

    Apply Pressure to the ram chips 1st... if that dosnt work completely
    remove and install RAM again. I also read that reseting the BIOS made
    the fix. One other thing you could try is reinstalling the video
    drivers.

    I have heard many bad things about Sony when I researched your
    question. I would stay away from them in the future.
    Good Luck

    700sc

    seannippert, Dec 28, 2004

  3. Gnosys

    Gnosys Guest

    Thanks Sean, I will try re-setting the BIOS from under the computer and
    see what happens.

    Gnosys, Dec 29, 2004
  4. Gnosys

    ikenfixit Guest

    Anther thing to try is external monitor to see if the backlight is
    failing intermittently. If you are having the RAM problem its
    associated with cold/bad solder joints and needs reworked. This
    problem plagues a ton of Sonys and a few other manufacturers babys.
    Try pulling the RAM from slot 2, Hit the reset button (w/power and
    battery disconnected) If the external monitor does not work. If you
    need help we are available also if you cannot do the repairs
    yourself.
    Ken LaDere
    www.ikenfixit.com

    ikenfixit, Dec 29, 2004