Sony Vaio Notebook Model PCG-9830 - Circa 2001

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by John Sanders, Mar 7, 2004.

  1. John Sanders

    John Sanders Guest

    A friend has a Sony Vaio notebook computer. She says the model number
    appears to be PCG-9830, a model number I couldn't find at the
    www.sonystyle.com website.
    Anyway, her computer was working fine when she turned it off last
    night. Today, however, when she turned it on her display is black with
    no images visible.
    I suggested to her that there may be a function key toggle that turns
    the display on and off. She knows of no such key and she does not have
    her owner's manual.

    I also suggested that she disconnect all power and remove the battery.
    Apply power with battery out and see if it works. Then, if not, put
    battery back in and reapply electric power.

    Finally, I suggested that she connect an external monitor to the port
    at the rear of the notebook and see if any images appear or does she
    still get only a blacl screen.

    Anybody have any additional suggestions?

    Thanks.

    John

    John Sanders, Mar 7, 2004