    because sometimes the keyboard does not work.

    Anybody got any ideas as what could be wrong.

    Thanks Paul

    Paul, Jan 23, 2007

  2. Paul

    Quaoar Guest

    This a VGN-FS series notebook. If it locks up arbitrarily, the problem
    is a hardware fault of some sort. If it has two RAM chips, try booting
    with one at a time to eliminate RAM as the source. It could be the HD.
    You can remove it and with a notebook to desktop drive adapter, mount
    in a desktop and run chkdsk /r to eliminate it as the source.
    Otherwise, it is likely a mainboard problem and you should use your
    warranty.

    Quaoar, Jan 24, 2007

  3. Paul

    PETRIKOS