    Many thanks in advance....

    If I had known what the support was like from sony I would not have
    bought their product..

    Rik, Oct 14, 2003

  2. Rik

    Steve JORDI Guest

    Welcome to the naive world of the ones thinking that
    SONY provides drivers on their web site! They don't!

    Even crappy brands do, but not Sony.

    Anyway, you may have a set of "recovery" CDs. Usually
    the last one also have drivers available. All other
    CDs are recovery only, no other files.
    Check the last one.

    It was the case for my Vaio before I returned it.

    Steve

    Sincerely,
    Steve JORDI

    (Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address)

    Steve JORDI, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Rik

    Quaoar Guest

    This is a European Sony, and it looks to me like the original drivers
    should be on the EU support site. I don't have a serial and model
    number to check, since the site asks for these for downloads. What did
    you find - were there no original drivers? Or, is there some "problem"
    with the serial number?

    Quaoar, Oct 15, 2003
  4. Rik

    Steve JORDI Guest

    Mine was also a European Sony and the site doesn't have any
    other drivers than the format utility for the Memory Stick.
    You have to create an account (register your laptop) to access
    the so-called "download" area (which offers almost nothing).

    The drivers are supposed to be on the very last CD provided
    as "recovery".

    Steve JORDI, Oct 15, 2003
  5. Rik

    Rik Guest

    Hi Steve,

    Sony now provide their drivers on the hard drive they do not send out
    CD's any more.

    This is the first company I have ever come across that will not freely
    provide drivers for their products, INSANE !!!

    Do we actually purchase and own these products to do with what we like
    or do sony own it still ??

    Rik

    Rik, Oct 18, 2003