    (as detailed as possible, preferably with pictures -- I'm used to
    working on desktops and Apple laptops) for this task. Anyone got a
    link?

    dg, Mar 25, 2007

  2. dg

    paulmd Guest

    Not for Sony. They do not offer free service manuals. Though they can
    be purchaced from them.

    Doing backlights can suck. They're super fragile. And you have to tear
    apart the screen. If you've done the backlights on apple laptops, it's
    much the same.

    If you have any warrenty left, i'd use it. You paid for it.

    paulmd, Mar 25, 2007

  3. dg

    Quaoar Guest

    I agree: use the warranty. The first goal is to find an EXACT
    replacement for the CCFL(s) (some notebook screens now have two lamps),
    and that might be nearly impossible. Sony warranty support looks good
    compared to this first goal.

    Quaoar, Mar 26, 2007