    W2k, that only WXP drivers will work?

    Thank you,

    Kevin

    Kevin Reetz, Aug 16, 2004

  2. Kevin Reetz

    P.T. Breuer Guest

    Are you the Borg? Or royalty? People who refer to themself in the
    plural make me nervous!
    Guess you are SOL then, modulo advice from an adventurous Sony user ho
    has ventured where the Borg have never been before.
    Tut, tut - maybe it needs an incentive? ("Will" in english denotes
    volition).
    Will again? Is that the future tense this time? Aren't you interested
    in the present?

    Support? Now there's a word. A' wonder what it means. Sounds
    Orwellian to me! So things "won't" work because they sense a lack of
    "support", eh?

    No. Things work or do not work irrespective of what word some marketing
    department uses to describe their company's telephone helpdesk attitude
    to calls from l-users on the subject.

    As it happens, often Sony install tools are programmed to reject
    attempts to install on the wrong bios or platform. And as it happens,
    different platforms in general (usually!) cannot use each others
    drivers, because the o/s kernel model involved is different. So you
    have a lot of reasons to suppose that you are indeed SOL, and a lot of
    avenues to explore. But you won't get anywhere using words like
    "support", and "recongnise" (hey, you didn't!), which sound like they
    were regenerated by a telephone handset cleaner, second class.

    It must be the heat ... maybe somebody will put you out of your misery
    and tell you to persevere with the manufacturer's drivers for your
    platform.

    Peter

    P.T. Breuer, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Kevin Reetz

    Cosmin N. Guest

    Try the ATI drivers from www.omegadrivers.net, they'll support any
    Radeon video card, including mobile ones.

    Cosmin

    Cosmin N., Aug 16, 2004
  4. Kevin Reetz

    JHEM Guest

    Uh-oh! Peter is channeling Douglas Adams again! ;-)

    --
    Regards,

    James

    JHEM, Aug 16, 2004