    output resolution and I get the same ring.

    Thanks,

    Josh

    Josh Kalish, Feb 21, 2006

  2. Have you tried changing the refresh rate?

    Bill Anderson, Feb 21, 2006

  3. Josh Kalish

    Josh Kalish Guest

    The card detects and sets 60hz without allowing another option, which
    the Sony manual says is the correct setting. It's a pretty smart video
    card, it even comes up telling me the name of TV (Sony WEGA) in the ATI
    config screen.

    Josh Kalish, Feb 21, 2006
  4. Josh Kalish

    G-squared Guest

    I don't know what the Sony does but the Samsung has some aspect/zoom
    settings. In SD you can pillarbox, stretch, etc. In PC or DVI there are
    2 choices Wide (TV) or Wide (PC). Wide PC 'underscans' and leaves the
    ring around the border. This is needed when actually running
    applications so you can get to the edge buttons. Check the possible
    'zoom' or 'aspect' choices on the Sony.

    GG

    G-squared, Feb 21, 2006