    Perhaps some one knows where I could pick up a cd of 98SE drivers for
    that?

    Thanks

    Tyvek Homewrap, Nov 2, 2004

  2. Tyvek Homewrap

    HH Guest

    What OS did the laptop ship with?
    HH

    HH, Nov 2, 2004

  3. It has an winME tag on the bottom of it, but it also has a winXP home
    edition tag, and that is what was on it when I bought it used. I'm not
    sure why that matters?

    I have put win98 on it because I like that, and because I am using
    netbui on my home network, and it is so darned easy to set up.

    When I bought it, I used Partition Magic 8 to create a new partition
    and then installed 98SE on that partition. I then loaded Boot Magic
    and now toggle between XP and 98 at start up.

    The ppl who sold me the puter were able to find the NIC and modem
    drivers, but could not find the right sound driver, and the video
    driver that they found did not work. I changed the monitor to
    1027x768, but I was still stuck with 16 colors.

    I hope that answers all your questions. Just curious, but why does it
    matter what OS came with it, when I am looking for win 98SE drivers?

    Tyvek Homewrap, Nov 3, 2004