    Is the 7.1 remark in the sound card description related to the 5.1
    description of the speakers? An audiophile, I'm not!
    Monica

    Monica, Jul 22, 2005

  2. Monica

    Ted Zieglar Guest

    And you're not a Googler either. 7.1 refers to the number of discrete music
    channels. The seven are: front left, front center, front right, middle left,
    middle right, rear left, rear right and subwoofer (that's the ".1"). With
    this many speakers, configuring a 7.1 speaker system is practically an art
    form.

    THX is a system developed by George Lucas for reproducing a movie's sound
    with great clarity. You can read about it here:
    http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/thx.htm.

    Ted Zieglar

    Ted Zieglar, Jul 22, 2005