    Windows XP - hard telling if I ahve everything tweaked appropriately.

    Any help or direction would be appreciated!

    Thanks...Chris...

    Chris Hagler, Apr 17, 2004

  2. Chris Hagler

    Lenny Guest

    Is everything plugged in correctly? You should run the EAX setup console and
    test that you get sound from all speakers. Also, visit soundblaster.com and
    go update your drivers if you haven't done that already.
    What I do is I set the volume levels from the computer to maximum, boost the
    treble a bit using the equalizer (since the Z680s don't have a dedicated
    tweeter on the satellites) and set the volume on the rear speakers to
    maximum in the Z680's control unit. That makes the surround sound stand out
    a bit more. And, I try not to set the bass above 60% or else everything in
    the room starts shaking. :)

    Lenny, Apr 17, 2004

  3. Chris Hagler

    Dave Guest