Sound Blaster Live 1024

Discussion in 'Soundcards' started by bozzzza, Apr 18, 2005.

  1. bozzzza

    bozzzza Guest

    I have had this card for about 3/4 Yrs.

    I have connected a VCR to the line-in that goes through a video/audio
    switch box. (i.e. the video chanel goes through to a TV card, and the
    audio outputs go to the line-in on the card)

    I have noticed that if I leave my PC and VCR off for a while and then
    boot up and switch the VCR on I get a horrible buzzing noise
    on high volume.

    The strange thing is if they go into the PC Mixer, and select recording
    and change the recording input to mic (or something like that) then go
    back to Line-in: the noise dissapears!

    Then I can't get the noise to come back unless I leave my PC off for a
    while.

    I think it may be something to do with the card intially over amping
    the signal. But I wasn't aware it would do this. I have the latest
    drivers installed from Creative. Anyone have any ideas?

    bozzzza, Apr 18, 2005