sound card with Intel-standard front-panel audio

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Ron Miller, Aug 19, 2007.

  1. Ron Miller

    Ron Miller Guest

    The onboard sound on my A8N-SLI Premium motherboard has started to
    become flaky after a little over two years of use. After it's been on
    for a few hours, there's a pop through the speakers, and the audio just
    goes completely out in all applications. Since a reboot brings the
    audio right back, I thought it might be a driver issue, so I rolled back
    to the previous driver, but the problem persists.

    I have a free PCI slot, so the solution I'd prefer is to simply add in a
    sound card. The reason I haven't done so yet is that I really use my
    front-panel audio jacks a lot, and I depend on inserting headphones
    there to automatically mute the rear speaker outputs.

    The Asus-supplied card on my brother's Commando motherboard has the
    Intel-standard FP audio connector, although Asus didn't document that
    anywhere that I could see. However, I can't find any add-on PCI audio
    cards that state that they have this feature. Does anyone know of a
    model or brand that does?

    Thanks

    Ron

    Ron Miller, Aug 19, 2007