Sound drivers from Gateway site fail to load on laptop

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by news.rcn.com, Sep 15, 2007.

  1. news.rcn.com

    news.rcn.com Guest

    Does any one know why the specific Conexant sound drivers from the Gateway
    site specifically set out (on loading your serial number to get your
    speficifications and access to the newest drivers) for an MX6025 would
    report FAILURE to load on the set-up utility please?

    There is no sound coming from this laptop whatsoever. Device Manager
    reported sound working OK but exclamation marks by the multimedia section.
    The site shows some Conexant drivers and a setup utility which as I say runs
    and reports FAILURE on conclusion. Tried in safe mode as well. Still no
    sound.

    What is even more interesting is that the SOUND section in control panel
    shows everything seemingly working ok including all drivers but all relevant
    areas grayed out so you cant test anything.

    [Have even tried a reload of Windows on this and all updates: Gateway says
    this probably damaged the partition where the drivers are located and the
    only way to get them back is to buy the restore utility disc from them:
    Somehow I cant believe that you cant download a driver to get multimedia
    going again]

    news.rcn.com, Sep 15, 2007

  2. news.rcn.com

    Compas Guest

    Hi,
    I seem to have the identical problem as you did... If you know the way
    to make the drivers work, PLEASE post a message. I will appreciate any
    kind of help.

    Compas, Jan 31, 2008

  3. news.rcn.com

    Ben Myers Guest

    Let me suggest that you find out the chipset for the sound drivers in your
    laptop, then go to the web site of the manufacturer of the chipset to find and
    download the drivers... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Feb 1, 2008