    downloaded

    Hope someone can help

    Ben

    Ben Reed, Feb 21, 2004

  2. Ben Reed

    Lenny Guest

    That is indeed the sad case, yes. While other soundcards have *A* sound
    bank, it is typically not replaceable at all like with the Live and Audigy
    series of cards. The DSP effect engines are typically also much more limited
    compared to the full programmability the Lives and Audigys offer.

    Sad but true. :)

    Lenny, Feb 21, 2004

  3. Ben Reed

    Dave W. Guest

    NOT true. All you need is a soundfont player. Go to
    http://www.soundfont.com/index.html You can get a sound font player there
    that will probably work with your sound card.

    Cakewalk Home Studio 2004XL comes with a sound font player called Dyad and
    it works on my computer and I don't have a sound blaster card.

    Dave W., Apr 13, 2004