    The drivers download just fine but will not install. Has anyone had any
    similar problems?

    MJohnson

    Moscoe Johnson, Jul 31, 2007

  2. You may want to try to right click on the executeable for the drivers and
    pick run as administrator, see if that gets them installed for you.

    Angry_American, Jul 31, 2007

  3. Moscoe Johnson

    Joe101 Guest

    If you plug in a microphone does it go out over the speakers, regardless of
    drivers loaded or settings? If so, that's my problem too.

    I have a M3N-E-SLI. Not sure what the E designation difference in our
    boards is, but......
    I have been trying for days using XP Home to get sound working on that board
    using the ASUS CD that came with the MoBo. I have installed and
    uninstalled the audio drivers many times. When I connect a microphone it
    immediately broadcasts out over the speakers. This happens immediately
    when windows boots. It is..... like it is stuck in the microphone /
    speaker test found under Control Panel | Sound. The master volume and mute
    does change volume though. Microsoft system sounds and Video sound does
    not work. I'm not sure if I have a defective board or not.

    Joe 101

    Joe101, Aug 5, 2007