    at the base and the muffled sound will switch. Sound card trouble or
    Creative speaker trouble? TIA

    HC

    Happy Camper, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Happy Camper

    Quaoar Guest

    Sounds like the "muffle" is in the card output. You don't perhaps have
    the balance slider offset to one channel in the volume control?

    Quaoar, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Happy Camper

    Happy Camper Guest

  4. Happy Camper

    Quaoar Guest

    The muffle stays with the channel, but have you swapped the speakers at
    the card rather than at the speaker? Maybe I misunderstood that you
    swapped the wires at the card already.

    Quaoar, Oct 7, 2003
  5. Happy Camper

    Happy Camper Guest

    The card has only one input. I plug speakers into base unit (Creative
    Inspire 2.1) then from there one wire goes into the sound card.>

    HC

    Happy Camper, Oct 7, 2003
  6. Happy Camper

    Russell Guest

    With the Creative Inspire 2500 2.1 speakers, if you've powered off the
    speakers by switching the subwoofer's rear power switch, or if your speakers
    temporarily lost power from a power surge, you should unplug the speaker
    from the sound output plug on the back of your computer, power off your
    computer, then plug the powered on speakers back into your computer and fire
    up your computer again. Creative speakers are picky about power loss from
    the powered speakers while plugged into your computer, and will normally
    cause the left speaker to be muffled until this is done. Hope this helps.

    Russell
    http://tastycomputers.com

    Russell, Oct 7, 2003
  7. Happy Camper